Wednesday, March 11, 2009

PT

We had our 2nd physical training ("PT") test on Monday. I actually did considerably better than my 1st test (and much more than I had expected). I've also gained 3 lbs in 4 weeks. I'd been told earlier that heavy guys lose weight and skinny guys gain....so I am now the heaviest I've ever been in my life (155 lbs).

The "PT" results:

Push-ups: need 34, did 44
Sit-ups: need 38, did 65
2 mile run: need to do in 18:18 minutes, did it in 16:28

So the Army is certainly getting me in shape!

I have also learned that I may not be going to Ft. Benning, GA for the officer training. Most of the Reserve Officers are likely going to Ft. Sill, Oklahoma. I likely won't know until the end of the month.

We are currently being taught military criminal law....court martials, rules of evidence, etc. It is one area of the law that I am not really interested in practicing (and likely won't as a Reservist). I am really more interested in legal assistance for Soldiers (which comes in April) and international/operational law (comes in April, too). The classes have more of a feel of CLE seminars (continuing legal education for you non-lawyers out there!) which means a lot of info compressed into a small amount of time. So my brain is a bit fried right now!

Girls have adjusted and are doing really well. We've enrolled Enya in a "ballet" class on Saturdays...she was running around in her pink tights today and is really excited about it. Weather has been great since the end of last week, so we've been able to get them outside to play.

1 comment:

  1. ".so I am now the heaviest I've ever been in my life (155 lbs)."

    Yeah. bite me.


    :^) Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete