Friday, December 26, 2008

It is official! I am in the Army now!

I was sworn in on December 21, 2008 as a 1st Lieutenant of the US Army Reserve, Judge Advocate General Corps. Karina, Enya and Grace rode with me through a snowstorm to a JAG Officer's home on this Sunday evening. The JAG Officer has been mentoring me for the past few months as I've awaited my formal paperwork. He had returned from a 6 month deployment to Germany about 2 hours earlier and graciously allowed us to intrude on his family reunion for my oath of office. I wanted it done so that I could get my oath into the Army asap in order to hopefully make the February 2009 Judge Advocate Officer Basic Course. We got it done and we left for Christmas in Mexico the morning of the 22nd.

1 comment:

  1. I remember way back when, during your black phase,you had some army looking boots....

    Wow, who knew!

    Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete