Monday, February 16, 2009

My first pic



Spent the day in the field, again. Did 2 mile road march with about 35lbs on my back at 7am, then spent the day outside in the cold (high of about 40 today), did 7 hours of field classes (land navigation, first aid, camouflage, etc), ate more MREs, crawled through the dirt while the First Sergeant yelled at us to "Hurry up!" and then 2 miles back. It was cold, really cold. And we stood all day long. So my legs are really sore tonight. Luckily, no blisters for me. But quite a few have them. I'm just sore and tired so I am going to bed after I post this.

This picture is off of my cell phone, so it is not so clear. But that is face paint, not dirt!

2 comments:

  1. Tom, if you feel like you might start to get blisters, apply duct tape directly to the problem area. it allows your sock/shoe to slide over the area instead of rubbing directly. Sounds like you're having plenty of fun! Keep up the good work. We're all very proud of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Ryan. I've heard that. I don't have any blisters...my feet are actually in good shape. If only duct tape would work on my back!! I am having lots of fun. It has been an amazing experience.

    ReplyDelete